Tang Bistro is a popular authentic Chinese restaurant in Edmonton. At Tang Bistro, you can feast on hand-pulled noodles, skewered barbeque meats (and tofu skin), clay bowls of stews and soups, pork dumplings, rice dishes and refreshing salads of bean curd and cucumber. Dining at the bistro transports the customer to another country and a period of history where not only silk and spices were introduced to the rest of the world but religion, science and philosophies as well.
We are looking for a driven Restaurant Manager Assistant to join our team and provide support to the General Manager and other senior staff. This position will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth and effective functioning of our office. You will be responsible for providing strong and reliable support to the business by overseeing and assisting with various administrative duties.
· Organize office operations and procedures such as records keeping, flow of correspondence, filing, requisition of supplies and maintenance of office equipment, and inventory control
· Take notes and messages from restaurant managers concerning restaurant operational issues in the absence of the General Manager
· Assist General Manager in carrying out restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns
· Assist with staffing including finding staff when employees call out on short notice
· Maintain a calendar for the General Manager and schedule appointments with other stakeholders on his behalf
· Prepare expense reports for the General Manager and other senior staff, if required
· Carry out all other administrative duties as required by the management including planning and organizing annual staff events and functions
· Completion of High School or above
· At least 2 years of administrative and marketing related work experience is required
· Prior industry knowledge of the food or hospitality industry is a plus!
· Well versed in MS Office, possesses strong Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint Skills.
· Well versed and comfortable with setting up work processes and procedures
· Must demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently.
· High level of organization needed with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Effective communication skills, both verbal and written with a professional and friendly demeanor
· Attention to detail and accuracy in record keeping and data entry
· Willingness to work some evenings or weekends
Start Date: As soon as possible
Working Hours: 40 hours
Terms: Permanent full-time position
Salary: $23.00 per hour
Please apply by email ONLY to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all the applicants in advance. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.