49th Parallel Coffee Roasters is hiring Kitchen Supervisor in Vancouver
The Kitchen Supervisor is a key member of the Kitchen operations team providing operational support to the Kitchen lead and acting as a shift lead for the team of bakers.
- Lead day-to-day shifts, supervise the kitchen team.
- Reports to the Kitchen Lead.
- Ensure bakers are following recipes correctly.
- Assist Kitchen Lead with ordering, and pars.
- Train new and current employees on new recipes, and procedures.
- Be a role model and support the bakers in their growth.
- Making yeast dough, sourdough, scones, cinnamon buns, pastry creams, curds, fruit fillings, choux pastry, and glazes.
- Maintains a clean and organized working environment.
- Produces products for pre-orders.
- Communicates with the front-of-house staff regarding pre-orders and production.
- Assists with counting inventory and ordering products.
- Preps work area in advance of a production shift.
- Active and productive member of the overall Café team.
- Sanitizes food preparation areas.
- High School Diploma
- Culinary or Pastry Certificate/Diploma would be an asset
- 2 years of commercial baking experience
- 1 year of baking supervisor experience
- Able and willing to be available for a 5am start, and weekend availability
Full-time, 32 hours per week
$18.96 per hour
Benefits: 4% paid vacation per year, Complimentary café beverages and discounted products. Extended medical benefits (Dental, healthcare, paramedical service coverage, vision, life insurance) are available after one year employment. Employees pay 50%.
Start date: As soon as possible
Language of work is English
Address: 2198 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
Apply by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org