TRUCK DRIVER - NOC 73300
Employer : KZ Transport Ltd.
Location : Edmonton, Alberta T5Y 3T4
Salary : $ 29.20 per hour
Work : 35 to 40 hours per week
Term/Contract: Term/ Contract- 24 months
Start Date : ASAP
Work hours : Flexible hours, morning, evening, night
Position Type : Full-Time
Vacancy : 1
Workplace Information: on the road, willing to relocate, various locations (Travel inside and outside Alberta)
Language : English
Education : Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience Required: 2 years to less than 3 years of work experience
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailer
· Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
· Load and unload goods
· Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
· Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, and other equipment
· Address customers' complaints or concerns
· Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
· May perform emergency roadside repairs
· May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods
· Must undergo load securement procedure course upon recruitment
· Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
· Address customers complaints or concerns
· Perform preventive maintenance
· Receive and relay information to central dispatch
· A Class 1 or A Driver’s license is required
Experience and Specialization
· Accident or incident reports
· Maintenance and repair reports
· Bill of lading
· Dangerous goods occurrence reports
· Driver logbook
· Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
· Trip reports
Type of trucking and equipment
Communication systems experience
· Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
Additional information- Security and safety
· Criminal record check
· Driver's validity licence check
· Driving record check (abstract)
· Drug test
· Basic security clearance
· Medical exam
· Drive manual transmission vehicle
· Valid driver's licence
· Willing to travel for extended periods
· Willing to travel overnight
Work conditions and physical capabilities
· Attention to detail
· Handling heavy loads
· Large workload
· Physically demanding
· Repetitive tasks
· Up to 23 kg
· Cellular phone
· Hard hat
· Steel-toed safety boots
· Efficient interpersonal skills
· Excellent oral communication
· Team player
Free Parking Available
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job? Only apply to this job if:
• You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
• You have a valid Canadian work permit.
IF YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN CANADA, DO NOT APPLY. The employer will not respond to your application.
Apply by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply Instructions:
· with cover letter
· reference attesting experience
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
· Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
· Are you willing to relocate for this position?
· Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
· What is the highest level of study you have completed?
· Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?