Truck Driver by Employer: J D Carriers Inc.
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
Location: 17 Portstewart Cres., Brampton, ON, L6X 0P5, Canada
Salary: $27.00 hourly, 30 hours per Week
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full-time employment, Day, Overtime, Weekend
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Responsibilities / Tasks
· Address customers' complaints or concerns
· Coach colleagues on new methods or work techniques
· Mountain driving expertise
· Professionalism in customer service
· Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations
· Drive lighter, special purpose trucks
· Load and unload goods
· Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
· Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
· Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
· Perform brake adjustments
· Perform emergency roadside repairs
· Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
· Perform preventive maintenance
· Receive and relay information to central dispatch
· Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
· Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
· Transport and handle dangerous goods
Documentation knowledge: Accident or incident reports, Driver logbook, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Trip reports
Communication systems experience: Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
Transportation/travel experience: Local, Long-haul
Security and safety: Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities: Attention to detail, handling heavy loads, large workload, Overtime required, physically demanding, Repetitive tasks, Sitting
Own tools/equipment: Cellular phone, Steel-toed safety boots
Personal suitability: Efficient interpersonal skills, Excellent oral communication, Excellent written communication, Flexibility, Judgement, Organized, Reliability, Team player
Employment groups: This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
· You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
· You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply: By email: firstname.lastname@example.org