Consider a rewarding internship with the Ontario Public Service!
The Indigenous Internship Program (IIP) is a 12-month paid internship program designed to provide recent Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, Inuit) post-secondary graduates with the opportunity to gain professional-level work experience and a pathway through which they can build and develop transferable skills that can be used to gain sustained employment in their field of choice. You will be working with a team of engaged professionals and dedicated leaders, and take the next step in your career in a dynamic environment that provides opportunities for personal growth, a competitive salary, mentorship, learning and development opportunities, and work-life balance.
What makes working in the Ontario Public Service great
Working in the public service has real meaning and impact on the lives of Ontarians. What we do matters, and you can grow your career here. From economic growth to health and social justice, we offer career opportunities in multiple disciplines and business areas to match your passion. Our strength is the diversity of our people and the ideas we generate. We value trust, fairness, diversity, creativity, collaboration and excellence. We are committed to be an employer of first choice.
Click on the job types below to learn more and to APPLY TODAY!
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace. We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code >. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
Financial Management Intern (Ministry of Northern Development) https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=196271
Business and Financial Planning Intern (Cabinet Office) https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=195281
Communications Intern (Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing) https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=196313
Communications Intern (Cabinet Office) https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=195282
Human Resources Intern (Cabinet Office) https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=195280
Policy Intern (Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, Ministry of Mines) https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=196302
Policy Intern (Cabinet Office) https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=196218
Program and Service Delivery
Program and Service Delivery Intern (Ministry of Northern Development, Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing) https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=196318
Project Coordinator Intern (Ministry of Mines) https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=196275
Indigenous Relations & Specialized Fields
Indigenous Affairs Project Intern (Ministry of Mines) https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=196259
Strategic Services Intern (Ministry of Mines) https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=196265
To apply, click on the job types above to see the full job ad and submit an application.
Locations: Any City, Anywhere in Ontario (select individual job ad above for details)
How do I qualify?
General Program Eligibility Criteria
You must meet the mandatory eligibility criteria by the first day of employment.
• In order to be eligible for the Indigenous Internship Program, you must self-identify as an Indigenous person. The term Indigenous refers to individuals who identify as being descended from the original inhabitants (the first peoples) of what is now known as Canada. In this context, Indigenous people are First Nations, Métis and/or Inuit.
• The Indigenous Internship Program is open to all Indigenous applicants who have graduated or will complete the requirements to graduate with a degree, diploma or post-graduate certificate from a recognized or legally authorized post-secondary institution in the last five years (May 2018-June 2023).
• You must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
• You must be a resident of Ontario during the term of employment.
Note: certain positions may have additional eligibility requirements based on the nature of the role. Please refer to the specific job ad for details.
For more information about the Indigenous Internship Program, please visit the Indigenous Internship Program webpage.
Salary Range: Not Available (select individual job ad above for details)
· Bilingual Temporary, duration up to 12 months, Any City, Anywhere in Ontario
· Unilingual Temporary, duration up to 12 months, Any City, Anywhere in Ontario
· Some positions advertised on this job ad are represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU) and successful candidates will be required to pay monthly union dues, which are automatically deducted from your pay.
· Other positions advertised on this job ad may be excluded from the OPSEU Collective Agreement (i.e., not represented by OPSEU), depending on the business area within the Ministry in which the work is performed. You will be advised during the recruitment process by the hiring manager of the business area.
· Some positions advertised may be bilingual (French and English) or unilingual placements. Please refer to the specific job ad for more details.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 193787, by Monday, April 3, 2023. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.