Spacious Construction Corporation was founded in 2004, previously known as Developments Ltd., and is a licensed Builder with HPO 2-5-10 year home warranty that provides comprehensive construction services in BC. SCC specializes in the construction of infrastructure, industrial and commercial, institutional and hospital projects, and estate developments. We also provide cost consulting and project management services. To align with our business development plan, we seek a diligent Bookkeeper who can establish effective bookkeeping systems and procedures. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overall financial data accuracy and financial accounts management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain and verify accounts payable and receivable, reconcile statements of accounts and investigate discrepancies;
- Maintain general ledgers and an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and accounting activities;
- Perform journal entries for monthly transactions such as invoices (bill payments), cheques, e-transfers, and petty cash;
- Prepare payrolls, ROEs, tax, benefits, and T4s and manage expenses reimbursement for employees;
- Manage and track overhead office expenses such as rentals, utility bills, supplies and equipment;
- Establish financial tracking spreadsheets in Excel, recording expenses and work closely with the general manager to track and maintain a budget;
- Prepare government fillings including GST, PST, source deductions remittance and WorkSafte BC timely;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial statements and reports for accounting and auditing.
Skills & Qualifications
- Completion of secondary school combined with education experience in a related field such as accounting, bookkeeping, finance, and business administration;
- Work experience is an asset combined with a diploma or degree.
- Short-term courses in accounting or bookkeeping require a minimum of 1 year of related work experience;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS office software and other office management applications
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Attention to details
For more information, please visit our website www.scco.ca. Please send us your resume to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We only accept resumes by email; only qualified candidates will be contacted.