The Galiano Inn is far from the neon lights and rush hour traffic. Set along the beautiful shoreline of the Salish Sea where the orcas frolic and the eagles soar, our vibrant, creative and eclectic small community lives and breathe quality of life. The Inn's natural beauty opens boundless adventures, experiences, and places to explore.
At the Galiano Inn, we work as a team. We have a passion for delivering outstanding experiences to our guests. We value our colleagues and thrive in a fast-paced environment where positive, frequent customer contact is the norm. We have an adventurous, enthusiastic spirit and are sincere and fun-loving. We foster a work environment where diversity is valued, quality of life is enhanced, and individual aspirations are fulfilled.
- Cleaning of the guestrooms includes: making beds and changing sheets as required, dusting, vacuuming, and placing furniture in its original position
- Cleaning of the bathroom inside the guestrooms includes: cleaning all surfaces (horizontal and vertical), all sinks, taps, vanities, tubs, showers and walls and toilets
- Vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies, upholstered furniture and occasionally ceilings and vents
- Wipe doors, windows, walls and bathroom ceilings, dusting
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and complaints quickly and efficiently
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned by the Housekeeping Manager / Supervisor
- Keep work area stocked, organized and clean at all times as defined by the task list and cleaning schedules posted in the department
- Ensure work areas and equipment are kept functional and orderly at all times, reporting any deficiencies as necessary
- Handle and report lost and found the item
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous hotel experience is an asset
- Able to work with chemical substances and cleaning supplies
- Have flexible working hours and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, weekends, holidays
- Physically demanding (lifting, carrying – over 20 lbs)
- Able to bend, walk, lift and crouch
- Ability to repetitive tasks with a high level of quality
- Able to work independently and as a team
If you are interested in the Room Attendant position, please send your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome qualified candidates to contact us by email and submit resumes. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.