• Plan menus, ensure quality of food and determine size of food proportions.
• Estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
• Work with specialized cooking equipment (deep fryer, oven, grill etc.)
• Order or requisition food and other supplies needed for efficient operation of the kitchen
• Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
• Ensure all Covid-19 rules and protocols are strictly followed
• Inspect supplies, work areas and equipment to ensure conformance with established standards
• Maintain inventory and records of food supplies and equipment
• Prepare and cook foods, either on a regular basis or for special guests or function
• Supervise and coordinate activities of kitchen staff engaged in food preparation
• Perform other duties as required
· Minimum 3 years of related work experience is required
· Cooking certificate is an asset.
· Knowledge of Luyu cuisine is preferred
· Be able to work in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure, standing for extended periods, some overtime required, physically demanding and pays attention to details.
· Be dependable, client focus, initiative, team player, good judgement, flexible, reliable and organized.
· Have strong supervisory, leadership, hands-on management and coaching skills
· Available to work evening shifts, weekends and holidays