49th Parallel Coffee Roasters is hiring a Baker in Vancouver
As a Baker, your main duties are to produce high quality, exceptional doughnuts and baked goods in a high-capacity kitchen environment and ensure all of our products are available for as much of the day as possible.
- Make yeast dough, sourdough, scones, cinnamon buns, pastry creams, curds, fruit fillings, choux pastry and glazes.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment
- Produce products for pre-orders.
- Communicate with the other bakers to have a smooth service
- Communicate with the front of house staff regarding pre-orders and production
- Assist with counting inventory and ordering products.
- Prepare work area in advance of a production shift.
- Cross train on preparing savoury line menu to order and MEP needs if required
- Sanitize food preparation areas as determined by HACCP and company policy
- Awareness of kitchen safety procedure, and the location of all HACCP record forms
- Active and productive member of the overall Café team.
*Other duties and special projects may be assigned from time to time.
- High school Diploma
- Culinary or Pastry Diploma (An asset)
- Food Safe Certification
- 1 Year of similar work experience
- Able and willing to be available for a 5am start
Full-time, 32 hours per week (Flexibility across a 7-day schedule)
$17.43 per hour
Benefits: 4% paid vacation per year, Complimentary café beverages and discounted products. Extended medical benefits are available after one year employment.
Start date: As soon as possible
Language of work is English
Address: 689 Thurlow Street, Vancouver, BC, V6E 4M3
Apply by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org