49th Parallel Coffee Roasters is hiring Kitchen Lead in Vancouver
In this position, you will act as a Team Lead and supervise the kitchen staff. Your main duties are to produce high quality, exceptional doughnuts, and baked goods in a high-capacity kitchen environment to ensure all of our products are available for as much of the day as possible.
- Oversees pastry kitchen operations per café and leads and supervises the team in day-to-day tasks.
- Assists with training pastry staff on new products and recipes.
- Assists with creating the weekly schedule in accordance with labour cost and percentage.
- Assists with training new employees.
- All baking and glazing tasks, including but not limited to: yeast dough, scones, doughnut fillings, and glazes.
- Curates deep cleaning and prep schedules and follows through on completion.
- Completes weekly orders for ingredients and supplies needed for operations.
- Participates in monthly inventory on the last Sunday of each month. If unable due to sickness or vacation, ensures proper coverage.
- Communicates with Executive Chef when unable to complete or unsure of any tasks; Develops and proposes solutions for how to best proceed.
- Ensures that team is sanitizing food preparation areas as determined by HACCP and company policy.
- Familiar with kitchen safety procedure, and the location of all HACCP record forms.
- High School Diploma
- Culinary or Pastry Certificate/Diploma would be an asset
- Food Safe Certification Level 1
- 2 years of commercial baking experience
- 1-2 years of baking supervisor experience
Full-time, 32 hours per week
$19.25 per hour
Benefits: 4% paid vacation per year, Complimentary café beverages and discounted products. Extended medical benefits are available after one year employment.
Start date: As soon as possible
Language of work is English
Address: 689 Thurlow Street, Vancouver, BC, V6E 4M3
Apply by email at: email@example.com